Yamaha home theater

ShaishavUdani

Novice Member
Hi - I'm new to the AV world, so please excuse me if my question sounds very basic to you.

I have recently bought Yamaha RXV-4A receiver, Yamaha NSF51 floor speakers, Yamaha NS-P150 and Yamaha SW300? So wanted to know if this setup is good. My usage generally range between 60% music and 40% movies. Do you think that my AV receiver is good to handle these speakers or does it over power the speakers? I generally get good sound when I increase the volume to -20DB on the receiver?

What should be my next upgrade?

password1

You should consider a stereo amp with HT bypass if you use your system for stereo music.

Your Yamaha avr may be good enough for you. only you can decide based on your own experience in your room. However, the same priced stereo amp is generally better performance.

gibbsy

I'm with password on this. With a 60% music use an AV amp just doesn't cut it for any kind of serious listening. Unfortunately the use of a stereo amp with HT by-pass isn't feasible with the 4A as it doesn't have the requisite front pre-outs. Your alternative with the 4A is to use a standard stereo amp (which would be cheaper than a HT capable amp) and a speaker switcher such as the Beresford 7220.

ShaishavUdani

Novice Member
I'm with password on this. With a 60% music use an AV amp just doesn't cut it for any kind of serious listening. Unfortunately the use of a stereo amp with HT by-pass isn't feasible with the 4A as it doesn't have the requisite front pre-outs. Your alternative with the 4A is to use a standard stereo amp (which would be cheaper than a HT capable amp) and a speaker switcher such as the Beresford 7220.
Thanks gibbsy for your inputs. I generally listen music from youtube which I understand is stereo quality. So do you think adding a stereo amp will help me to improve the sound quality with same set of speaker and sub-woofer? What when I then want to watch movies on NetFlix. Will I have to disconnect the stereo amp and reconnect to my AV receiver?

gibbsy

A lot of members use the Beresford 7220 (link below) when using a standard stereo amp and AV amp. Both AV amp and the stereo unit will be connected to the Beresford and the front speakers connected to it as well. Button A will use the AV amp and button B the stereo amp. Just press the button that the audio is required from.

Home HiFi

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom