1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha going out of Biz!

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by skyboot, Feb 4, 2003.

Tags:
  1. skyboot

skyboot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I've tried to order a Yamaha 430 from leconcepts but after 3 weeks they have not been forthcoming and now after my 5th phone call they tell me that Yamaha are going out of biz!

So can anyone help? Should I order the Yam from someone else or am I safer to try the Pioneer 511?
    MAybe you can suggest an alternative., it's to go with Mission cinema6 speakers and Toshiba 220e DVD. Budget about £200 tho

2. EvilMudge

EvilMudge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's more likely that LE Concepts relationship with Yamaha has deteriorated (probably not ordering enough from the distributor to get the discounts they need, rather than any kind of unpleasantness) than Yamaha getting out of the AV business.
    If you really want the Yammy order from somewhere else, though the Pioneer is a good little receiver for the money, as long as the sound of it suits your ears.

3. perrdl

perrdl
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you are after the Yamaha 430 then I have just noticed that www.superfi.co.uk are selling them for the same price as leconcepts, not sure if they are in stock though!!!

Hope that this helps,

4. skyboot

skyboot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you very much for the feedback. I'll order today....

5. Wasabi

Wasabi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    SBC (Swedish Born Chinese)/lived in UK since 96, C
    Ratings:
    +32
    skyboot.

hifijunkies.co.uk are doing it for £209+£10 for UPS delivery. And you get superb service and a 2 year warranty on the amp. And you can get silver 430s which has a better remote than the 5540 ones.

6. tony m

tony m

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    skyboot

Got my mate,
    a silver version of the 430 (htr5540rds)
    from superfi £199 (no black 430,s at all)
    and for the money
    v.good

7. Silverfox

Silverfox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think you'l find the main prob is that leconcepts are not an authorised dealer so yamaha don't supply them at all. I went to buy something last year but its all grey import and only a one year warranty. so i went elsewhere.

8. skyboot

skyboot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oh I didn't realise that, I wish that they told you that!

9. AOD

AOD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Could I just add that the service I've had from hifijunkies is top notch and that they'll match prices if you give them the opportunity.

They're also pretty good with advice on stuff as well (no I don't work for them and I don't have a connection with them other than having ordered from them in the past :)).

Having said that recently when I enquired about whether they'd sell one cable from a stereo pair (connecting a processor centre channel to a power amp) they commented on how they would have a hard time selling the remaining cable. I said "Put a note on your website so people know you can supply them singly" to which they said "Oh yeah, are you after a job or something??" :blush:

10. EvilMudge

EvilMudge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Retailers are only obliged to tell you if they are an authorised dealer if you ask them. However if they aren't and advertise/promote themselves as one then a call to trading standards is in order.