1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha Front Effect Channels

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Bassbin, Jun 26, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Bassbin

Bassbin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    I'm currently using a Yamaha DSPA2 which I really like and wondered if anyone else has one with the front effect speakers connected up. I'm buying some extra speakers in the next few weeks so I'm tempted to buy an extra pair to try them as front effects. Worthwhile trying or just a gimmick?

2. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Others will disagree, but after trying them with my DSP-AX1 I thought them utterly pointless.

3. General Skanky

General Skanky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    They worked quite well in say big SCiFi Blockbusters such as Starship Troopers.

I had a pair of KEFs as front effects and they just filled the room.:)

Be aware though that they can be too much for say, a dialogue type of film, ambience and echo, especially if you use say an enhanced mode.

Overall I liked them.

4. Bassbin

Bassbin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    Thanks for the responses. Sounds like it's a bit of a mixed bag. Looks like I'll be giving a try anyway though as I won 2 sets of speakers on ebay last night so I'll have Paradigm Monitor 5 mains, CC350 centre, Atom rears, Micro front effects and a Rel Storm for bass. I can always sell the Micros on if it doesn't work but as I only paid £50 all in for the Atoms and Micros.

Cheers,

Bassbin

5. hamtaro

hamtaro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have actually listened to this amp with the 2 front effects speakers engaged, and to be honest i couldn,t even tell if they were on!even to the point were i got up on steps and listened up close, definetly thought it was more echoy...did not sound like a seperate 1 channel or 2 come to think of it.