1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha DVX S120

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by cyrusdad3, Nov 2, 2004.

1. cyrusdad3

cyrusdad3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello! I am new here and I would be greatful to anyone who would be so nice and help me. I own Yamaha all in one system DVX S120 incl. suplied loudspeakers NXP 120. For 330 € I would like to buy better speaker package
    I can buy 1) Jamo A210PDD, 2) JBL 5.1 SCS 140, 3) JBL 5.1 SCS 200.5, 4) Tannoy FX 5.1 5) Yamaha NS-P 430.
    What shoul I do? Buy one of this packages (which one) or keep suplied loudspeakers?
    Thanks.

2. bosstjan

bosstjan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi!

I own the same system and i must tell that i'm totally satisfied with those speakers and the hole system - i wouldn't worry too much about other packages.

If you're not satisfied with the loudness, try to set up the speakers (by default, they're set - limited - to 50% of their power).
    If you're not satisfied with the sound quality, then you can spend some real money and buy same expensive stuff, but that depepnds on how much you're prepared to invest.
    But as i said, i think it's great system for home use already, so ...

It's your choice :)

By the way: do you have any idea, if there is any firmware upgrade available for this system for playing divx encoded movies? I tried everywhere and it seems it's not possible to upgrade the player :rolleyes:

tnx,
    bosstjan