Yamaha dspax863 amplifier- Anyone found it cheaper than £499

i was going to go for the 863 myself but i changed my mind and i orderd the rx v1800 today from peter tyson £549 i think its worth the extra pew notes:smashin:

Go for the rx-v-1800 just brought one home as I could not refuse at the price £400.00 brand new.

I am sure Yamaha have hidden a couple of bricks in the box as it sure feels like it when I carried it to the car. :D

Where was the RXV1800 for £400 .Please tell albamoto .
I would love to know
neuty

I am off to set it up and now I need to look for new speakers.

{it never ends} :)

Hi, I was going to get an 863 today but no stock left at 500 quid. So, I too got an rx-V1800 for 550 from Digital Direct, very nice people there.

Well I ordered from digital direct on monday - £475 plus £15 postage

But despite the website stating it was "in stock" at the time of order, and every single day thereafter, I recieved an email today saying it was awaiting stock - not best pleased as I was hoping for it in the 3-5 days stated. I could have spent the whole weekend tinkering!

At least they have taken it off the website today.

After checking price at other stores, I found HiFix had stock and were willing to match the terms of the Digital Direct order, so I cancelled and ordered with them.

They will be delivering on Monday - that will give me something to do on my day off on tuesday :thumbsup:

Got mine for £399 from Audio-T in Enfield Chase, brilliant amp much better musically than the rivals IMHO.

Hello bash sorry mate there is no way you got that yamaha 863 amp for that price 399.just rung them today 599 pounds they quoted me.:(

LOL, why would I lie about it? Anyway, Im waiting for my invoice to arrive in the post as the amp was was sent direct from Yamaha because they had no stock left in store. I had to pay around a tenner for postage so around £409 all in, I've checked my bank statement as well but thanks for calling me a liar, I thought these forums were less heated than some of the uber kool gaming forums I visit.:rolleyes:

YAMAHA DSPAX863SE AMPLIFIER BLACK £499.00 at hifix.co.uk

£300 off makes it look like a bargain , though looking at the spec. I`m not so sure . Is it being discontinued ?

The AX863 is not being discontinued but the best price is £599 not £499. I checked with my local dealer Kronos AV and they said it was a price reposition and the model would not be changed until mid 2009. It has great spec for the money and got a 5 star review in What Hi-Fi at £800.

The AX863 is not being discontinued but the best price is £599 not £499. I checked with my local dealer Kronos AV and they said it was a price reposition and the model would not be changed until mid 2009. It has great spec for the money and got a 5 star review in What Hi-Fi at £800.

It was £499 yesterday at Hifix - somebody has obviously had a quiet word with them as it`s now been put back up to £595 :thumbsdow.
Great spec ? Compared to what ? Even at £595 it seems average at best verses the competition.Anyway it`s too expensive for me now , it`s off my list of "possibles".

It was £499 yesterday at Hifix - somebody has obviously had a quiet word with them as it`s now been put back up to £595 :thumbsdow.
Great spec ? Compared to what ? Even at £595 it seems average at best verses the competition.Anyway it`s too expensive for me now , it`s off my list of "possibles".
Average? What exactly are you comparing it to? You've got the Yamaha RXV-1800 of course, but that's only discounted to clear stocks and to make way for the updated RXV-1900 (which will then be significantly more expensive). I imagine its main competitors are going to be the Denon AVR-2309 along with the Onkyo TX-SR706. Plus whatever Sony eventually releases above the 2400es - you've got the Arcam AVR350 as well if you don't need LPCM audio over hdmi. Against those it'll therefore need careful auditioning rather than trying to compare the paper specifications.

Robert

Last edited:
Hi, I agree with that, the rx-V1800 is at least 2 steps up from the Pig, sorry, Oinkyo (couldn't resist it) and at least 1 from the Denon 1909 so to compare them with the Yamaha. Have set mine up and it's the absolute Dog's dangly bits, with music too, making The Clash sound just as good as when I first heard them in 1978!

yes i agree as well got mine friday set it up on saturday :smashin:music sounds great well pleased with it

Just to be clear ,I was talking about the 863 being under speced not the 1800 , which I appreciate is in a higher class than current £500-£600 rivals.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom