• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Yamaha DSPAX761 or Onkyo TXSR506 ?

gorilly

Standard Member
Hi

my amp has finally died... well i only have one channel

im looking at either the Yamaha DSPAX761 or Onkyo TXSR506... both for around £250

as far as i can tell the only benefit of the Yamaha is the extra 15w's per channel...

which would you buy?

i will be using the HDMI to connect from tv to amp and then most things either connect HDMI / YBPR and the odd scart

Its for everything from dvds to gaming to music etc...

cheers

Helicon

Banned
The Yamaha will have higher quality amplification, and has the benefit of it's own surround processing, which i find superior to others. Bare in mine the Yamaha was originally over twice the price of the 506.

rwniel

Established Member
Despite the increase in price (due to being harder to find in stock) the Yamaha is still a complete bargain. You do also need to be careful when comparing rated power between different manufacturers as they tend to use their own particular way of measuring. The Onkyo does have one extra hdmi input (purely for video switching purposes though compared to the option of LPCM surround over hdmi on the Yamaha); even so I would still go with the DSPAX761.

Robert

gorilly

Standard Member
Despite the increase in price (due to being harder to find in stock) the Yamaha is still a complete bargain. You do also need to be careful when comparing rated power between different manufacturers as they tend to use their own particular way of measuring. The Onkyo does have one extra hdmi input (purely for video switching purposes though compared to the option of LPCM surround over hdmi on the Yamaha); even so I would still go with the DSPAX761.

Robert

great response

thanks mate

gorilly

Standard Member
well i just went and bought the yamaha in richer sounds - kingston branch...

they still have 3 in stock but nowhere else in london does (according to their computer)

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom