1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

yamaha dspax640se v yamaha rxv640rds

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by paul1672, Aug 13, 2003.

Tags:
  1. paul1672

paul1672

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    i was wondering if someone can tell me what the difference is between these two amps?
    is it that the rxv640rds is exactly the same as the dspax640se with a radio built in?
    also,i am thinking of upgrading my present a/v reciever (a sherwood rd8108r,was bought on a recommendation from richer sounds but never quite been happy with it) and although it is also 6.1 enabled would i receive a noticable improvement if i got one of the afformentioned?
    if there is any others that you can recommend in the same price bracket that would improve on what i already have i would be most grateful.
    many thanks
    paul1672

2. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Yamaha's AV amplifiers start with DSP-A while the receivers (built-in tuner/radio) start with RX-V.
    If they carry the same number they are usually identical beside functions and inputs (RF/antenna) related to the tuner.

3. paul1672

paul1672

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    exactly what i thought,just needed confirmation.
    many thanks
    paul1672

4. warrior99

warrior99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It seems to me from the reviews on home cinema choice that the amps are superior generally to the receivers. As none of the receivers have got a five star rating for the sound where as the amps have. I am guessing that this may be due the radio circuitry having an interference effect on the sound quality or just that there is room for more sophisticated processing and shielding in an amp.