1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

yamaha dspax620...

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by seq2, Feb 16, 2002.

Tags:
  1. seq2

seq2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just bought one of these uk models 3 weeks ago and watched pearl harbor the other night and noticed the sound dropped out a couple of times......whilst using coax digital in.......the noticable part of the disc was at 143:02 mins/secs through the film.......but when i played the same part back through my in built decoder (pioneer dv626 2 yrs old)....it played back perfectly.......without any glitches what so ever.........one of the reasons for me buying this was 1= to upgrade from dsp-e492 processor.....2= 90watts per rears etc....3= the 32bit dacs that are in the dsp-a1...etc............

now im not sure what over sampling the yamaha uses......if 4 times oversampling then that could be the cause.....

Thats If the pioneer samples at 8x times.

Has anybody else had any problems with this model.....with sound droppouts whilst using digital inputs.....

the pioneer dv626 plays discs perfect but ive only watched about 3 dvds on the yamaha since buying it.

the only disc my player ever had trouble with was the terminator2 ultimate edition......due to branching technology.....but then that disc always hits 10 on the bit rate meter anyway so i put that one down to a very poor disc.

2. DaleL

DaleL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not had any prob`s with my 620(silver/ import) & Pearl Harbour.
    Don`t know if this makes any difference but I`m using an optical lead.

3. seq2

seq2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i found this on this forum.....

I think that it is the pearl h disc which is at fault......

here is the short cut from this site, a couple of pages away

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=30226

I will have to try it with optical and also with a £50 audioquest coax lead......the drop out at worse is at ......143 mins and 02 secs on the pearl h disc.

4. seq2

seq2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Given the fact that after reading john archers notes on this site.....and the fact that im getting droppout when playing pearl harbor........dolby are saying that its the discs that are at fault....ie dts es and dd ex discs.......but pearl h is a dd5.1 channel disc...not a dd-ex......

it plays perfectly on my pioneer dv626 internal decoder without glitches.............

so because i only bought my dspax-620 yamaha....im thinking of taking it back to the shop........

what would you do...........

surely if a pioneer dvd player can play it....that means that the yamaha is at fault......knowing my luck... if i keep the yammy...things could only get worse.....and then yamaha would bring out a new fix etc on their next range of amp/recievers, meaning that i have wasted my money.