1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha DSPA3090 Delay Time...and one other thing..

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by jamflem, Oct 12, 2001.

Tags:
  1. jamflem

jamflem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,
    I have a Yammy DSPA3090 and i'm moving house, BUT......i've lost the manual and so can't check what the delay time for my rear speakers should be in the new room........is there anyone out there in AV land that can either tell me how to work out what the delay time should be or has a Yammy DSPA3090 manual and can post the recommendations ????....

By the way....does anyone know how the performance of the DSPA3090 stands up against the current crop of DD amps ??

2. Phil Hinton

Phil Hinton
    Editor Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,190
    Ah, my old friend the 3090.

I was one of the first to buy this amp on release 6 years ago. It was the first to offer DD for LD and was a brilliant amp. It was my pride and joy for 2 years before i sold it.

I would say that todays amps out perform the 3090 easily. The decoding chips have improved greatly over the 3090 which used the original motorola chip. It was great in it's time but a £400 DD/DTS amp will out perform her nowadays.

As for the delay time, it is not rocket science so set to what sounds right to you or use the built in test tone.

3. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +932
    Hi

Have a look at www.smr-home-theatre.org there is a couple of charts showing delay times etc

Its in the bottom left hand menu.

cheers