Yamaha DSP-Z9 questions

AndyGo

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone with a Yamaha DSP-Z9 tried the upscaling functions with DVD & Laserdisc & Sky, etc. How good is it ? Is it a transparent conversion ? i.e. no degradation issues ?
Am currently contemplating upgrading DSP-A1 for a Z9 & would welcome any comments on it's video performance by anyone who's got one.
Any info comparing the Z9 to older Yammy stuff (in particular the A1 !!) would be great.

cheers,
Andy

I own a DSP-A1 and recently auditioned the Z9 whilst picking up an A1SR(A).
It sounds very, very good.
In the same way as the DSP-A1 was a massive upgrade from the 2070 (if anyone remembers this), it is very impressive.
Sevenoaks have a few on demo if you catch them before anyone has persuaded them to sell.

It's sad but my favourite part was the menu system, absolutely superb, very user friendly, very flexible. Then again I would think that compared to the denon.

I mainly bought the Denon due to the Z9 being the ugliest amp I've ever seen. Now if it had been Silver we would have been talking.

Sorry, regarding the question I thought the picture looked very good, but as to if it is worth the extra for built in processing I don't know. There have been a couple of thread on the US forum stating it's very good.
I personally will probably buy the iSCAN HD when my credit card recovers.

Steve.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom