Yamaha DSP-E800

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by slingshot, Jun 21, 2001.

1. slingshot

slingshot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    I use a DSPE-800 purely as a decoder I don't use the onboard amps at all, it's good does everything I need.

I'd suggest a future upgrade would be to add a power amp (the same make as your current HiFi) for the centre channel to get a better integrated sound.

I bought mine from unbeatable and they seemed fine it turned up in about 6 days.

Hope that helped, if you have any more questions let me know.

Slingshot

P.S. the manual for the DSPE-800 is on the Yamaha web site if you need it.

2. Nike

Nike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Raven,
    I've had one since about February and am really pleased with it. I'm using its amplification and it seems to integrate well with the rotel pre/power that I'm using to drive the front L/Rs.
    I haven't found a use for ANY of the DSP modes, so I'd stick to straight DD/DTS mode if I were you.
    Re: unbeatable, I ordered my centre/rears from them and was generally pleased with the service (certainly the price ;) ),although the centre was out of stock & this wasn't pointed out at the time of ordering, so might be worth a phone call to check. I think the rears turned up in a couple of days though.
    Cheers, Nike

3. raven219

raven219

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    East Anglia (well someone has to live there!)
    Ratings:
    +19
    This looks like the ideal solution for me to add onto an audio amp to give DD/DTS. Anyone own one and whould care to comment?

As Richer Sounds seem to be out of stock I am looking at order from Unbeatable of QED. Any recommendations on these suppliers?

Cheers

Raven