1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha DSP E800 + Tecnics AA amp?

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by degsy, Dec 16, 2003.

1. degsy

degsy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Currently running Technics CD and Amp through pair of B&W 602s. Just added pannie S75 DVD and considering next step on home cinema sound system. Question is do I replace existing amp with an AV Receiver (and probably lose out on stereo performance?) or add extra channels by way of a processor such as the Yamaha DSP E800 for home cine use?

Anybody gone through the same thought process?:(

2. Johndm

Johndm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    I used to run three Technics class AA amps, fed from a DVD player with onboard DD/DTS decoders.....pretty damm good I thought!

Now have a Sony VA555ES instead (retained the best AA amp for twin centre rears only), and......well......its just sooooo much better.:smashin:

I reckon the Sony is far better at music (stereo performance) than the class AA's were......
    AV amps 'aint half got better since the war...:D

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    depends on what you want to spend, an AV amp with preouts and you can still use current setup for stereo!