1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha DSP-E800 Setup

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by rv02, Feb 15, 2003.

1. rv02

rv02

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry if this has been covered before. I have a DSP E-800 which I have connected my Arcam Alpha 9 amp to it. My DVD Player is Arcam DV28 and I have B&W 6 sereies front an dreadr and centre spekers and SW150 Subwoofer.

I want to get the best sound out of this but I'm not sure if I am doing the right things. I have no control over the volume ofmy front speakers, and when I go to the test mode and using my sound meter front speakers only go upt to 60db. Does this meand that I need to adjust all the other speakers ie Centre and Rear to the same level?

Can you please advise me of how to setup this unit to get the best sound please.

Thanks in advance

2. sounddog

sounddog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +448
    I assume you mean either a DV88 or FMJ DV27 DVD player and that the speakers are B&W DM600 series?

Sounds like you have it set up right ... the Arcam Alpha 9 from memory has a "processor" switch which sets the Amp to a pre-set level. The volume is then all controlled from the DSP-E800.

So yes ... you need to turn the fronts to a suitable level, then whatever that level is ... use the controls on the DSP-E800 to set the rears and centre to the same level. When using the sound meter ... keep the meter pointing up to the celing as you set the levels ... don't point it at each individual speaker.

Victoria

3. rv02

rv02

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry I did mean FMJ 27 and B&W DM600 series.

The only thing I am confused about is will I have control to what level I can set my front speakers? If I turn the volume control on the Arcam does it make any difference or to whathever level the front speakers are set as I need to adjust the rest.

4. sounddog

sounddog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +448
    Using the processor button on the Arcam (if it does have one) will mean that the volume control on the Alpha 9 won't do anything.

Victoria

5. rv02

rv02

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your help.