Yamaha DSP-E800 Settings

R

Ruff 1

I have a Yamaha DSP-E800 connected to a Rotel 980 Pre/Power setup. However I have to really turn the volume on my Rotels to almost 3/4 to hear anyt sound from the main speakers. The yamaha is connected via the Aux as opposed to the tape loops. I have heard that if you connect to the phono inputs that you get a better sound. Can anyone suggest the best way in which I can get the main speakers to sound comparable with the others. By the way the mains are Mission 753F, Kef Cresta C, Eltax HT2 Bi Polar Rears.

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

NONONO! Do not use the PHONO input, stick with AUX (or use CD, Tuner etc but NOT Phono, else it may blow the phono pre-amp stage).

It is actually correct that the amp needs to be turned up quite far as movie tracks have a very wide dynamic range, besides both amps will have a different gain.
To increase the volume for the fronts check the setup of the E800 or lower the volume to the rears and center.
If you can use a SPL meter to make those adjustments.

Reiner....Many thanks...I'll try your suggestion and let you know what happens...definately wont try the phonostage though.

Hi there,
I too am an owner of the Yam, mines connected to my Technics SU900MK2 through the tape 1 input. The volume on the Tech then goes to midnight. I tried out of curiosity the aux input and my volume dial when calibrating went to two o'clock so i believe that's the answer you are looking for.
Good luck,
Philmate.

------------------

Hey

Thanks a million......I put the Yammy thru the tape loops and the sound is much better than the aux.

I'm going keep fiddling until I reach perfection with this......

Ruff 1

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom