YAMAHA DSP E492......Protection

S

Sharpy14

A query for anyone with a long memory and knowledge of a processor before processors became high end.

My 492 was working fine, and then for no reason, the display dimmed, and said either "PROTECTION" or "PROTECTED". The next time I tried to put it on, nothing, dead, no power. Changed fuse, still nothing.

Anyone had this problem?

simonb68

I did, after spilling some water in it's innards :blush: . After leaving it to dry out it was fine. Regarding yours, given it's age I would suspect something might have worn out. Or it may be an internal fuse (if it has one), if that is not the fuse that you changed.

I have mine for sale at a very low price if you are interested, rather than bothering to look at repairs. If you are then let me know and I will send you the link to the For Sale thread on here.

Cheers
Simon

Reiner

Check the speaker cabling, could be a shortcut. Look out for the tiny strands.

In fact you could try to disconnect all cables and see if the unit powers up - if not it's a bad sign and it probably needs service/repair.

H

heavenly93

This reply might be late!! But did you also check the setting of the Impedance selector on the rear.

The latest video from AVForums

LG SN11RG Dolby Atmos Soundbar, plus, XBOOM Go PN7 & PL7 Wireless Speaker Reviews
Top Bottom