1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha DSP-AX750SE or RX-V750?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Grand Dizzy, May 9, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Grand Dizzy

Grand Dizzy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    What's the difference between these two models? The RX-V's radio tuner would be nice, but only if there's no difference in sound qulaity.

What do "DSP-AX" and "RX-V" mean anyway?

2. Howard0000

Howard0000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    As far as I'm aware the "DSP" range don't have tuners.

The RX-V750 looks identical to mine. Specifications don't seem much different either. Only addition I can see is an extra 5 watts per channel.

The RX-V750 and the DSP 750 look pretty much the same, too. And I doubt there'll be any difference audio-wise. It's up to you whether you want a radio or not.

3. SBanga

SBanga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +267
    Buy the DSP. You'll be able to audition it first, have a more reliable and faster warranty and recieve it quicker. Its also supposed to have an upgraded power supply from the RXV and a "UK tuned sound". Plus you'll be supporting British business!!! :thumbsup:

4. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    The DSP range are so-called AV amplifiers (no tuner) while the RX range are AV receivers (i.e. AV amplifiers with tuners).

I guess DSP-A stands for "Digital Signal Processor - Amplifier" while RX just means "Receiver". The X and V respectively were added a few years back only.
    There are also DSP-AZ models, placed above the AX series, while the older flagship model was just called DSP-A1.