Yamaha DSP AX750SE Help Please

SANDIETEDDY

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi, can someone please give me some advice.

I have a Yamaha DSP AX750SE amp, the problem I have is my Tannoy subwoofer keeps breaking down. Tannoy have repaired it twice and it has now gone again. Tannoy say it is a surge from the Yamaha, so i phoned a Yamaha service centre and they say they have never heard of this ever happening and as all my other speakers are working fine it must be the sub.

I'm now caught in a catch 22 with one blaiming the other. Any advice you can give can give is very much appreciated.

I've also posted on the subwoofer section to see if tyhose guys can help.

I cant see it myself as its a pre out so its only a sound signal no power as such going down the line???

Hi Guys, Just back from Tannoy. They said the sub wasn't blowing at the fuse where it should. It was tripping back,:confused:

The engineer spoke to the designer and between them they had no idea how this could happen.

So the upshot is they gave me another sub, frightened to hook it up now.:D

I have heard of a few problems with Yamaha amps after a power cut or drop in mains voltage. This is apparently damages the muting circuit to the sub so that whenever you change inputs or settings on the amp it doesn't mute the sub momentarily as it should but send a very large pulse to it instead. This pulse could damage a sub.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom