1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha DSP-AX750SE crossover settings

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by music, May 23, 2005.

Tags:
  1. music

music

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Hi,
    I set my 750 up using the automatic microphone thing that comes with it. I have Orb satellites and a BK XLS200. A few day later when I was browsing through the settings I saw that the sub crossover was set at 160 Khz. I thought the crosssover point would be about 110-120 Khz. I have the sub turned up to maximum crossover (without switching to LFE).

Is the amp right? Or should I manually adjust the corssover on the amp dwnwards? The amp is set to 'small' speakers up front?

Thanks for any advice.

2. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Well, where to set the cross-over point will depend on the speakers used. Of course you can override the settings detected by the Yamaha - if it sounds better I see nothing wrong with that. Just try it out. :)

3. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +990
    I was testing my crossover on the 750SE at the weekend. I ended up leaving it where it was (100hz) after trying it with movies and music. However, you should really test to see what sounds good with your system. Fiddle around with the subwoofer settings too, I have mine set to ‘both’ (i.e. LFE are sent to both the front speakers and subwoofer).

4. DavidCook

DavidCook
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    On my RX-V1500 the manual says to set the crossover to maximum and the volume to the 10'o clock position on the sub and then run auto set up. I set the crossover to 80Hz as a lot of threads recommend. I was disappointed with the surround sound with little coming out of the rear speakers. I then thought that I would do what the manual says and hey presto a lot better. I don't know why this should be but it certainly is. I am running the canton 2.22 set up