1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha DSP-AX750 video problem

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by dswskinner, May 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. dswskinner

dswskinner
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys, i've been lurking here for a while and finally got the money together to get an AV amp system.

I went for the DSPAX750. i think it was about the last silver one in the country left. I already have a Pioneer DV575 and a Phillip 30" LCD (30PF9975 i think the model is).

Anyway, Audio out of hte thing is great, got optical working from the DVD and SKY+. Component from the DVD through the amp to the TV workd fine. however .. i cannot get the amp to output any other video signals at all. i've tried giving it an svideo and a composite signal from various consoles and i cannot get a component picture on the TV when the required input is selected. Sound works fine.

I have checked that component conversion is switched on in the setup. is there something else i am missing or should i get onto richer sounds about the problem?

2. sillybeans

sillybeans

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had a similar problem (output black and white) with the upconversion on my rxv1500. My dealer said I could either have it replaced or take it to a Yamaha repair center. (Dealer in Germany so have taken it to a repair center). Yamaha email support has been very good, but took a while to convince them that I had set the cables up properly before they agreed there may be a problem.

My advice, get Richer sounds to swap it for you.

(Is there a PAL/NTSC setting on yours, if your display can't handle it that may be worth checking, mine is in the service menu)

3. dswskinner

dswskinner
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks mate, i'll check the menus out for settings one more time for luck, altough your problem does sound like the amp wasn't using the NTSC signal properly cos you got a black and white picture, i get nothing but sound. Oh well, maybe i'll be taking a trip to richer sounds again. nuts.