1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha DSP-AX750 - how to record one source and view another?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by alanfcross, Apr 30, 2005.

Tags:
  1. alanfcross

alanfcross

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My question relates to recording one source while being entertained by another. I can't see this from the User Manual. My antique Yammy had 'monitor' buttons that I used for this purpose, but the DSP-AX750 does not.

I am planning:
    ~ Freeview OUT to DTV/CBL IN (S-video)
    ~ HDD/DVDR IN from DVR/VCR2 OUT (S-video)
    ~ HDD/DVDR OUT to DVR/VCR2 IN (audio) and component video IN (assigned to DVR/VCR2)
    ~ Satellite Receiver OUT to another RGB input on the HDD/DVDR (could switch sat rx to composite on, say DVD IN, if this helps signal routing, but would rather connect RGB to HDD/DVDR if possible)

I presume my Freeview will appear as S-video on the DVR/VCR2 out, for recording, when selected for viewing. But what if I want to record Freeview (HDD) while watching a DVD? If I am viewing a DVD, it looks like this source will also be the one presented for recording on the HDD.

Is there a simple solution? The manual leaves a lot unanswered, in my view.
    My corner installation is a cabling nightmare, so I'm trying to avoid too many trial and error scenarios.
    TIA.