1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha DSP-AX750 discontinued?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Blu Ray, Mar 14, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Blu Ray

Blu Ray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Although I have now ordered one, it does appear to have been discontinued. Not entirely sure what's replaced it, although maybe the 757? I have only seen prices for it in one store (Austrian) and it seems to be about 200 euros more than the 750. Only facts that I've gleaned so far is upgraded power supply - I think :confused:
    Sound & Vision tried to tell me that it had been replaced by the 650 :suicide:

2. Zacabeb

Zacabeb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Well if it has been discontinued, it certainly has not been replaced by its little sibling, there I certainly agree with you. They've been around for the same time too... :D

A search did reveal the DSP-AX757/RX-V757 as you suggested, and so I guess that indeed they are taking its place. I don't know exactly what they have upgraded, but there are some specs in English and a whole lot of buzz in Japanese on Yamaha Japan's website.

There's apparently replacements for the 450, 550 and 650 coming up as well, so they're bound to get discontinued too in the near future as their heirs 457, 557, and 657 arrive. Some Googling suggests that the 657 brings 7.1 yet another step down the range, which is sweet news although it might take a step up in price as well over the 650. And in the fall, they'll introduce the successors of the 1500 and 2500, aptly named 1600 and 2600, plus the new and mysterious 3600 which supposedly will be a very sexy receiver indeed.

3. thereserves

thereserves
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Does anyone have any idea how much Yamaha amps get discounted once there are discontinued?

Richer Sounds has the 750 for £350, 650 at £270 however they still have the 640 at £250, not much of a saving?

I was thinking of getting one of these but am not sure if I should wait or not?

4. jdanielp

jdanielp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    i got a price match of just under £345 against PRC Direct (although there are a few similar prices from other retailers if you look on PriceRunner or whatever) and then another £10 off with the Price Beat policy at my local Richer Sounds on the 750 the other day which is the current best UK price that i'm aware of :thumbsup:

alternatively you could always import the RX750 from Germany for even less like many other forums members have done but i don't know if that model has the same 'tuning' that the UK ones apparently have, and while they also include an analogue RDS tuner, i'm not really a big radio listener (and i get the basic channels via Freeview anyway) so preferred to get the AX750SE locally to keep things simple... :cool:

5. thereserves

thereserves
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    So it works out at £335, that's a good price.

I was more wondering how much stores would drop the price when the new model hit the stores?

6. Blu Ray

Blu Ray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I'd called a few on the pricerunner list and they didn't have any and weren't getting any more in. Ordered mine from Germany in the end.

7. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    This 3600 sounds like a nice little toy :devil: It wa a steep price hike between the 2500 and the Z9. I wonder what the new 1600/2600 will bring to the table. Maybe this new DTS mode for TV i heard off a while ago, NEO:96 or something like that.

8. windfall

windfall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    This is getting pretty like every other electronic device, the life of these are about 6-9 months!
    I have had mine for 7 months and am very happy with it. I origionally got mine for £360 from unbeatable, I reckon if you hang on you should see them drop to below £300. I guess it depends on the price of the replacement and what its extra features are.

Tone

9. jeje

jeje

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    anybody knows roughly when the 1600/2600 are out ? june/july .... :rolleyes:

10. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +990
    Got no idea, but I’d like to know this too!

11. origbow1

origbow1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tejastar; JeJe,

Expect to see the replacements for the 1500/2500 (possibly named 1600/2600) in late Oct/Nov 2005. Chatting to contacts in Yamaha and they have nothing new planned for the next six months (outside the 757 and siblings currently changing). Also, Yamaha US has just released the 4600 which is very nice indeed!!! Expect to see that here as well with a possible name change.

Peter

12. acanning

acanning
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't understand why details of the new amp (757) aren't on the Yamaha website yet. Surely if retailers are now selling it their website should be updated!

13. thereserves

thereserves
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    They arev on the German Yamaha site in English(!)

14. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +990
    Cheers Peter! I was hoping they would be released a bit sooner than Oct/Nov! Oh well, plenty of time to save... :)

15. alefsin

alefsin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The specs are on the Yamaha website. Try this linke.
    The differences between 757 and 750 do not seem be huge. 757 has now MultiRoom function, YPAO now can also adjusts the equalizer, there are differences in DSP and surround programs, the amp section has 20% more damping factor and 5 watts more power on 8 ohms load.

16. acanning

acanning
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Thanks, but I think we are talking about different products. I am refering to the DSP-AX757SE which is an amplifier only and not a Receiver. The amp should also be UK tuned which I don't think the Receiver in your link is.

Regards

Ashley

17. patr1ck

patr1ck

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    I'm not sure the amp has multi-room; I thought I read somewhere that it hadn't!

Pat

18. alefsin

alefsin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Sorry, my mistake. You're right. My post was reffering to RX-V757.

19. alefsin

alefsin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    To acanning:
    According to the user's manual, it seems that the only difference between DSP-RX750SE and RX-V750 is the tuner and in all other things they are identical. Could it be that DSP-RX757SE and RX-V757 follow the same route? If yes, as I said before you can use that link to see what's different between 757 and 750 (without caring about tuner issue).

20. Passingbat

Passingbat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,329
    According to this review http://www.homecinemachoice.com/cgi-bin/displayreview.php?reviewid=4569 there is a diference ---- the amp being designed speciffically for the UK market with electronis enhancements and 'musically tuned for the UK ear'. I was in two minds which to go for --- you can find UK suppliers of the RXV 750 and RXV 757. In the end, after talking to Yamaha UK, I decided on the DSP AX750SE, which I ordered on Thursday from Peter Tyson http://www.petertyson.co.uk/yamahadspax750se.shtml for 329 pounds. They had 4 left in stock when I ordered and they didn't have a price and delivery for the 757 version.