1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

yamaha dsp-ax630se - stuffing about

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by scottyman, Dec 22, 2004.

Tags:
  1. scottyman

scottyman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey all,
    I joined up yesterday hoping to sort a problem with my dad's tv, but really can't be bothered ;)
    I've got a new project while I'm not working, which is to sort out my flatmate's home cinema abortion.
    He's wired speakers into both bedrooms and bathrooms from a particularly cheap audio splitter hooked up to the amp. As a result there's no volume control and outputs whatever is selected on the yamaha amp. getting some serious db fluctuations so that should just be re-terminating connectors and replacing the splitter.
    What I'm trying to work out is how to program selectable audio routing. It's fine when it's tuned to MTV, but if I decide to watch something else, it's not really fair that it's routed to the rest of the house.
    Ideally, I'd route audio from the cd player or my ipod
    I'd like to do this without disrupting the feed to the surround system in the lounge.

Any ideas on how to do this?
    I've got a small budget of maybe 80 quid or so, which includes an IR receiver for my Ipod - and I'll probably be running an encoded 6 channel optical output from my PC to the amp also.

Will post a diagram as soon as I find my tape measure.

2. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    Welcome to the forums :smashin:

Have to be honest, I'm a bit confused as to what you are trying to achieve. Can you explain it again :confused:

3. scottyman

scottyman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    will finish off my diagram shortly - got my ipod hooked up now, so pumping that through the house... jamming away as I literally can't fit my pc sub and amp into my room ;) hence the problem :D

4. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    Looking forward to the diagram :)