Yamaha DSP-AX630SE -Advice Needed

coolerking2

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am new to this Forum so please be patient.
I have a Yamaha DSP-AX630SE AV Amp which was purchased in 2002 - si it's about six years ols, but has always been excellent.
I have a Samsung 656 LCD tv and a Panasonic DVD player/recorder connected to it (optical connection)- without any problems.
However, I have recently added the new, slim Play Station 3 (250gb) again via a second optical connection- and this is where the problems have started.
First of all the blu-ray sound on the PS3 will not play through the rear centre speaker (6.1) and throught the sub-woofer.
I have gone through the problem solving section of the manual to try and resolve this, but without success.
The 6th speaker and sub-woofer will still play sound when I use the Panasonic dvd recorder/player - but not the PS3 for some reason?
Any advice would be appreciated?
Thanks

Confirm that the PS3 is set to bitstream only in its audio settings and also confirm what mode are you using on the amp? I presume that you're applying a DSP mode to get this extra channel on the rear centre speaker?

Hi Dave,
Thank you very much for responding.
I'm afraid that I'm not that technical - how would I perform each check required?
Thanks, Steve

For the PS3
Go to>

Settings>
Sound Settings>
Audio Output Settings>
Select Optical Digital>
Ensure that Dolby Digital 5.1 Ch, DTS 5.1 Ch and AAC are ticked.

On the amp's remote press the ES/EX button.

Last edited:
Hi Dave,
Thanks for this.
I am working a 12 hour night shift at the moment finishing at 07.00am tomorrow - but will try this as soon as I wake up. I'll let you know the results.
Thanks again, Steve

Hi Dave,
Just to let you know that your instructions and advice were spot-on!!!!!
I did as you suggested, I had the sub-woofer going, and the 6th speaker too!!! Absolutely brilliant!!
I can't thank you enough - as I thought I was going to have to buy a new amp (Onkyo?)
So, you have saved me some cash for Christmas.
Many thanks!!
Steve McQueen (yes, it's my real name - my mother's got a lot to answer for!)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom