Yamaha DSP-AX620 sound slowly decreasing

Mr_Moo

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

My Yamaha DSP-AX620, over time, seems like im having to turn the volume up further and further. This obviously (the volume) varies depending what channel is on, whether HD etc, or if im watching a DVD/Bluray or a rip.

Its to the point where (sometimes) im having to turn it up so much, that im hearing the inevitable electrical hum/interference through the speakers as im pushing the amp so much. Usually, you can only hear this sound if the amp were turned up a fair amount and you had your ear right next to the driver. Now, I can hear it in quiet scenes in movies.

Yes, its time for an upgrade soon! But the Yamaha does the job for what I need at the moment.

Is there any sort of checks I can do? My thought was maybe the speaker cable attachments have oxidised and maybe need trimming back?

Thanks in advance.

Is there any sort of checks I can do?

Doesn't that amp have an inbuilt tone generator for you to set/balance the individual speaker output levels ?

Following the instructions in the User Manual might give an improvement, especially setting the '+10dB' options appropriately.

It might also be best to carry out a Factory Reset on the amp, before you start.

The remote broke a long long time ago, so might struggle! I'll have a go, though. Think its telling me I need to upgrade =D

If its any use to you Mr_Moo I have a DSP-AX620 sat in loft you can have it if you are willing to pick it up (north west London) the remote is like yours though useless the first buttons to go were the volume go figure.

Thanks very much for then offer Killing-Time, but got enough amps laying around without another one =D (none have remotes)!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom