Yamaha DSP-AX620 question

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Gary D, Oct 3, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +838
    i bought this amp yesterday (very impressed!!!!) however, i have a queston that some of you may be able to answer for me.

1. i have NO video equipment going through it so how do i get the OSD on my telly? (do i just need a s-video cable from one of the video outputs to the TV?)

thanks

Gary

2. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just had a look at my sons manual as he got his delivered yesterday as well, looks as if you can connect it via s-video and video. If you have no s-video cable handy try connecting a single phono first, it should work that way, on the diagram for the back of the amp use connection labled video, it's directly above the one marked s-video, the diagram shows you the connection going to the monitor, then connect to the tv, connections are normally under the front flap or round the side of the tv, just connect to video in (yellow).

3. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +838
    thanks bob, i'll try that when i get home.

gary

4. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Forgot to mention, you will have to select the AV connection manually on the TV if you connect via phono. ;)

5. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +838
    cool, thanks bob

does your son like it? do you like it? i sat the there like the maxell man last night being blown away, the opening to "armaggedon" is fantastic.

6. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Son is thrilled to bits, I had an idea of what it was like as I had the Yamaha A5 before the Denon I have now, I think the 620 was the A5's replacement. Looks like they have increased the power and added the OSD feature which makes life easier.

Hope you have many hours of enjoyment, there are dozens of soundtracks out there that will blown away, Armaggedon is good, but compared with some of the soundtracks out there it's pretty tame. Have a peek at, Gladiator, Saving Private Ryan, Black Hawk Down, Behind Enemy Lines and We Were Soldiers. :)