Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Yamaha DSP-AX620 or RX-V620RDS?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by nickyvicar, Sep 14, 2002.

Tags:
  1. nickyvicar

nickyvicar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Can anyone please tell me if the Yamaha RX-V620RDS Receiver is the same as (and offers the same performance/quality) as Yamaha DSP-AX620 Amplifier?

2. MikeK

MikeK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The RXV620 is basically just a DSPAX620 with a radio tuner!

Some super pursists might say the presence of the tuner may affect the performance - personally I think that's a load of old twaddle these days, but then the audio world is also full of people with superhuman hearing, so you'd have to make your own mind up on that!
    ;) :)

3. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,209
    The 630 is a step up from both these two audio wise and also comes with prologic 2. If you ask me...

4. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +838
    i bought the DSPAX620 yesterday from RS and it's totally fab! i spent most of the night looking like the maxell man!! i cant comment on the new version of the amp except to say that its twice the price (but is it twice the the performance?) if you need a tuner then go for the RX-V620RDS, but i can assure you its a great peice of kit for £200.

Gary

5. wilber

wilber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Got my RX-V630RDS from RS a few weeks ago for £320. I think it is worth the extra £120 for the extra channel + DPL2 + DD EX + DTS ES:cool:

6. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +111
    I recently owned a 620 and yesterday heard a 630 and as far as DD and DTS are concerned in a 5.1 setup they are almost identical sounding. For 6.1 or if you watch a lot of telly (Sky) then the 630 is the one. 630 is also slightly "sharper/cleaner" sounding in stereo. DPII is a BIG step up in the 630 over the DPI in the 620. A tuner choice comes down to the individual.