1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha DSP-A3090 Help

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by spinak, Feb 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. spinak

spinak

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The 3090 has an input knob that moves when you select a new input, like the volume knob. When I select the input through the remote, the inout selector goes crazy and usually end's up on the incorrect input. Sometimes it ends up in between inputs. If I do it by hand, it works fine.

What is the problem here? Is this something I can replace/fix by myself?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. flop

flop

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    mine did the same, but i pulled out the input selector knob, and gave it some contact cleaner spray, and it helped, the problem is gone now.

3. a3nige

a3nige

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Spinak, Hi,
    I have this amp and had the same exactly the problem. The selector switch is shot! I took it to Audio labs in Leeds where they fitted a new switch (motorised) and the amp is back to A1 working order. They said some Yamy selector switches have this problem but first time for them on this amp. It cost me £115 pounds all in (£38 for switch, 1 & 1/4 hours labour) I got their address from the Yamy website of approved repairers. Hope this helps you.
    Nige

P.S. You could try the contact cleaner route first.

4. spinak

spinak

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Was your problem exactly like mine where the input selector worked fine if done by hand but would go crazy if selected with the remote?

5. flop

flop

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes, it worked fine when i used the knob on the amplifier, but not always on the remote.

6. a3nige

a3nige

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    No, mine had a bit of free play in the selector spindle. It would go crazy with the remote and if you touched the selector knob with your hand it would loose it's setting.

7. spinak

spinak

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I tried contact cleaner.....no go. I guess I am going to have to get it serviced. I appreciate everybody's help. Thanks