1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha DSP-A2

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by C227, Jan 21, 2005.

Tags:
  1. C227

C227
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    How good is a DSP -A2? How old is it? Whats it like compared to the Denon AVR3805 and the newer yamahas like the DSPE750 etc.

2. Grimley

Grimley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +98
    A few Answers to your questions.

Its one of the 1st Generation A/V amps to come onto the market with Dolby Digital & DTS built-in (way back in late 1998, Shortly after DVD was released in the UK) Sold for around £1k. Built like a tank & soundwise it should sound as good as any price comparison AV receiver/amp sold for that price today in 5.1, but is sadly lacking in up to date features that most £3-400 models have today (6.1 video upconversion etc)

Review here

http://www.homecinemachoice.com/reviews/hccreviews/Amplifiers/Yamaha/YamahaDSP-A2.php

Should you decide to buy it I'd check the LED display too as the A1 (its bigger brother) had problems with this.

3. C227

C227
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I just bought one for only £250. Mint condition. Apparently according to Audio-T and sevenoaks the sound quailty is still better than most amps out there.

For the price it will always be used in one room or another in my house.