1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha DSP-A2 with Sub/Sat system

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by topgun_GA, Sep 7, 2005.

Tags:
  1. topgun_GA

topgun_GA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    With the speakers set to "small" on my yahamha dspa2, the crossover is 90hz which is below the 120hz that my sat speakers can manage. The only way of getting around this appears to be connecting the main speaker outputs from the A2 to the high-level terminals on my eltax sub. Aside from this solution being less than elegant, I will also be losing out on all 90hz-120hz sounds from the centre and rear channels.

Is there something I'm missing here? would the loss even be noticable?

The alternative would be to ditch the A2 and get another (~£100) receiver which is better suited to sub/sat systems.

2. AMc

AMc
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,343
    I think you're jiggered there mate. I asked some similar questions about my old A5 and the general consensus was that the fixed cross over is a pain.
    Can't seem to find the threads here which is a pain as there was quite a lot of good info IIRC
    I don't think you'd be missing out on much from the centre and surrounds at that frequency but your mileage may vary...