1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha DSP-A2 versus Denon 3805

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Northmoorblue, May 19, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Northmoorblue

Northmoorblue
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am thinking of purchasing the Denon 3805 as part of upgrading my system. At present I have A Yamaha DSP-A2. Will the Denon be that much of an improvement to the Yamaha. Does anyone have any experience of performance comparisons.

THX

Northmoorblue

2. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I would suggest that the deonon will have vastly superior procesing and of course it will have alot more features.... if it were me, I would consider it a good upgrade.

ad

3. Northmoorblue

Northmoorblue
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your opinion. I've seen them advertised for as low as approx £760, so I guess it's a good buy for this price.

Northmoorblue

4. Bassbin

Bassbin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    I've just upgraded from an A2 to a used Denon 3802 and it sounded a lot better in my system so I'm sure the difference will be even greater if you go for a 3805. I've found the Denon works better with my Paradigm speakers which always sounded a bit muddy with the Yamaha (probably the combination of very smooth speakers and amp). The processing is greatly improved in quality and ProLogicII is excellent if you watch a lot of TV.