1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha DSP-A2 - 96Khz Compatible?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by marshy.dave, Jan 5, 2004.

Tags:
  1. marshy.dave

marshy.dave

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just bought a pioneer 656 dvd player which does DVD Audio and SACD and it ask if my amp is 96khz compitable. I have looked in the manual of the A2 but can't find anything so I am assuming its not.

Can anyone please clarify this for me.

Thanks,

Dave...

p.s How much quality will i be losing out on if its not

2. ailean

ailean

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got the A1 and it's only 48Khz max so I guess it's the same for the A2. Think the AZ? amps added 96Khz.

DVDA and SACD won't output more then 48Khz from the digital outputs anyway for legal reasons so you're not missing anything there! ;)

Only the new iLink digital connection will do more then 48Khz legally for these sources so you'd need a new amp (and iLink player :).

To get the full quality from SACD/DVDA you need to connect the 5.1 channel analogue outputs from the DVD Player to the 5.1 external decoder inputs on the A2 (this is what I've done).

I've only just got my new deck so mostly been watching DVDs over the hols and not listened to much SACD/DVDA stuff yet but if you're going to notice an improvement over CD it'll be with the analogue connections or just the change from 2 channel to 5.1 channel mixing (completely subjective to your tastes ;) ).

3. marshy.dave

marshy.dave

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks mate, i thought as much. Need to go buy some new leads i guess.

4. ailean

ailean

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah tell me about it, getting towards 2nd mortgage just for cables and still got to sort a projector out this year! :rolleyes: