1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha DSP-A1 vs AX1

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by konghh, Mar 26, 2002.

Tags:
  1. konghh

konghh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A few friends has told me that the older A1 is much better than the AX2. Mainly that the AX2 sounded dry and not as sweet as A1. So for pure performance for both music and movie and willing to forgoing all those extra function, A1 is a much better choice. What do you people think? Anyone having owned both and care to drop some lines?

2. Me

Me

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Its interesting that I use both an A1 and A2 and want to now upgrade, move to 6.1 which of course the A1,A2 can not do. I found the sound very much the same. I have always felt that the A2 sounded better especially with music. I can not make up my mind between getting an AX2 or AX1, especially considering the price difference. A2 amp can be had for very small sums of money at the moment and if you do not need 6.1 go for one of these. It is a very good amp.
    Mark

3. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Don't know what you mean with "sweet". Some call the amp "too bright" but the A1 is IMHO rather neutral, i.e. **** in - **** out, so carefull matching with speakers is required.