Yamaha DSP-A1 setup help

GUI

Reaction score
Hi all,

I picked up a DSP-A1 yesterday that was meant to be faulty and not turning on, however on the day of collecting it the buyer said it did actually turn on and hence i've picked up a bargain!

I'm a little clueless as to how to set it up and I put a couple of 6 ohm resistance speakers to the main left and right channel outputs, I found trying to use the tuner/ vcr inputs on the back produced no signal and I only seemed to get music through the speakers when connected to the "main" input, which seems to be unaffected by the volume control on the front.

Can anyone provide me with a user manual or some help? There appears to be a link between a sub and main input. I do have a remote however I have no clues as to how to start using it! lol. I've been through menu's accessible through the front panel and selected input type as analogue. I actually plan on running the SP-DIF from the rear of my computer as the main input but awaiting a toslink cable!

Also... any recommendations on some speakers? I could do with similar bargains and i'll be using it about 60/40 music/films :).

Clicky

You can download the manual from HERE. Click on the support link and the pdf link for the manual. As it's the US site, you might have to sign up for Easypass but that takes minutes.

Do you really think you've picked up a bargain if it doesn't work and you have no remote? It was a cracking amp in its day and would be worth repairing but it would depend on what is wrong with it. The likes of Genserve will collect/repair/deliver and I would recommend a universal remote e.g. Logitech Harmony One unless you can source a remote second hand.

The speakers forum is your best bet for recommendations but remember to post a budget!

Last edited:
Hi davepuma,

The amp does seem to work, the fault was that it wouldn't turn on but it does :) lol. The LCD has no missing characters and I do have the remote, just no batteries (although slightly broken cover to it.). So it is a bargain!

I do think i'll probably get a logitech harmony remote in the future just to modernise it a little!

I think i've found some speakers although funding them is a slight issue lol.

I'll check out that manual now :). Thanks for your help!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom