Yamaha DSP 863 (Stupid Question?)

PMol

Established Member
Reaction score
Iv looked around, and I keep getting told that theres no Yamaha DSP-AX863SE's in the country (UK). Does anyone know if I can order one of these from another country and have it shipped to the UK? or is that a stupid question? Iv got to have one of these amps.

Iv looked around, and I keep getting told that theres no Yamaha DSP-AX863SE's in the country (UK). Does anyone know if I can order one of these from another country and have it shipped to the UK? or is that a stupid question? Iv got to have one of these amps.

The DSP-AX863SE is a UK specific model and not available outside of the UK.

The chances are you are not going to get one of these amps if you have not already placed one on order with a retailer. There is more stock coming in slowly but even then there is no guarantee that Yamaha will be able to fulfill all the numbers required for exisiting back orders from dealers.

Yeah, thats what I was afraid of. I was recommended to consider one of the Onkyo's, but after reading a bit more, I think that the Sony STR DA2400ES would have to be my second choice.

Look around, these are back in stock!

I was lucky enough to get one yesterday from a dealer in Scotland for £499 but I placed my order in December.

I was going to pass it up, as I had decided to go for the cheaper and equally ellusive 763, and the dealer said it was not a problem as he had another 10 people waiting.

It looks to me like any stock that comes into the dealers goes straight out on customer back orders.

I was on the phone with both these places not 30 mins ago, and neither had any in stock nor a incoming date.

Then they should not advertise stock as they are currently!

Newcastle states OUT OF STOCK due end of Jan, Exceptional doesnt state anything sadly, which i agree is missleading.

Been looking for this or the 1800 no sign of either :(

Newcastle Hifi is equally misleading as it is hard to tell when that page was updated (seeing as it is now February and the page states they will be in after January).

Newcastle Hifi is equally misleading as it is hard to tell when that page was updated (seeing as it is now February and the page states they will be in after January).

I phoned both of these places several times since December, as the websites said they had stock of the 763, only to find out there was no stock.

It seems to be a thing the Hi-fi dealers do. The company that I got my 863 off yesterday did not say it was out of stock when I first ordered it in December. It was only when I phoned thme that they told me I was on back order.

I phoned both of these places several times since December, as the websites said they had stock of the 763, only to find out there was no stock.

It seems to be a thing the Hi-fi dealers do. The company that I got my 863 off yesterday did not say it was out of stock when I first ordered it in December. It was only when I phoned thme that they told me I was on back order.

That's just not acceptable!

Joy of sorts.

Hi Fi Page 2

Has them in stock, but would not sell me one over the phone " they do not do mail order "
DUMB DUMB

they require you to go to the store, being as i am at the other end of the country virtually, this is *&*&*^* annoying.

royally peeed off now, hope this helps someone in the area though.

Might as well scrap the internet for audio purchases!

I tried loads of places and finally gave up and bought the Sony STR DA2400ES which im really pleased with.
I found that a lot of websites said the item was in stock, but when I phoned them to double check, they were not.

I tried loads of places and finally gave up and bought the Sony STR DA2400ES which im really pleased with.
I found that a lot of websites said the item was in stock, but when I phoned them to double check, they were not.

Me to.

I went, in the end for a Onkyo 876

I've wondering what to do as well, as i ordered the 763 from Exceptional 3 weeks a go now and then got an email last week saying they didn't know when they would be in stock. They've recommended the Onkyo TX-SR606 claiming it's a better specified model but i don't know enough to know whether thats a good move or not. And i don't want to regret it.

I have wondered about the Sony DG08 i think it's called. And as my TV and blu-ray player are Sony wondered if the Bravia thingy might make it worth getting?

I've still got my old Yamaha kit but it doesn't do any of the new HD sound formats so i can't get the digital tracks off most of the Blu-Rays i've got unless, like Wall-E the standard 5.1 is Danish or Turkish or something. Useful!

Don't know what to do, i'm almost certain i'll have to cancel my order and pick something else, but i don't know what to go for.

** Edit: It's the Sony STR-DG820, i feel quite tempted to be honest...
http://whathifi.com/Review/Sony-STR-DG820/ **

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom