Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Yamaha DSP 750 surround sound problem

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by mike261272, Aug 21, 2005.

Tags:
  1. mike261272

mike261272

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have a Yamaha DSP-750 Amp and Monitor Audio speakers. When I connect a basic DVD player to it via optical I get perfect 5.1 sound. However when I connect my Windows Media Center PC to it via optical, I only get 2 channel sound. The thing Im stuck on is that the signal out of the Media Center PC definitely says it is coming in 5.1 sound - its set to digital output and and 5.1 speakers. But on the Yamaha there are only the front left and front right showing in their little graphical display of what speakers it can "see". Is there something I need to set on the Yamaha to make it understand that the signal is coming through via 5.1 ?

Thanks

Mike

2. Van300

Van300

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Assuming that the source is 5.1, try setting the Yamaha to surorund sound by pressing the surround button. I think you have set the Yama to output in 2 channel.

3. mike261272

mike261272

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, how do you set the yamaha to surround ? I dont see a surround button on it... Also, when I input from the seperate DVD player I do get surround, so is it something to do with the configuration of the source...?

Thanks

4. Van300

Van300

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    The surround button is on the remote.