Yamaha DPS A1 Binding posts - do they accept bana plugs?

Ste7en

Distinguished Member
As header.

I know that latter Yamaha amps will just accept banana plugs if you push them in but my A1 has what looks like little caps over the openings. I've been told these can be popped off. Has anyone done this? I'm sick of bare wire and binding posts!

Cheers!

Andy98765

All the binding posts I have come across recently have the pop off caps, then just plug in a banana plug

Ste7en

Distinguished Member
Great! I'll have a bash at popping them off then...

... if I break it you'll have to buy me a Z9 :rotfl:

Cheers!

Reiner

I got an A1 and can confirm it does taka Bananas. The caps were only fitted in Europe I think (mine is the 'General Model' bought in Malaysia and it didn't have them).

Ste7en

Distinguished Member
Sounds promising. I think I'll have a go at popping them off :D

And to think I've been using bare wire all these years :eek:

Thanks guys!

morksbeanbag

i seem the remember hearing the A1 doesn't take banana plugs but there was a website that replaced the binding posts on the A1 to banana plug type ones.

Bananas!

Dave H

I can confirm also that the A1 cannot accept banana plugs thats why I had too order some "Pig Tails" that you fasten too your binding post and the speaker wire plugs into them.
someone on here recommended them.

Dave.

Edited to say "Pig Tails "

Ste7en

Distinguished Member
Turns out that there are not caps I can simply pop off. However, Yamaha can supply banana plug connectors to the supplier I bought the A1 off years ago and they can put them on for around 50 quid. Result :smashin:

I'm SO sick of binding posts... looking forward to inserting bananas! :eek: