Yamaha CDR HD1300 - DAC Mode

dx052

Standard Member
Reaction score
Sorry! What does it mean/how does it work?

I have tried putting my tuner into the input source of the unit via RCA then out into my amplifier, does that mean its going through the 24bit DAC thus improving the sound quality?

The manual doesn't explain it very well!

No.

DAC = Digital to Analogue

Feed a Digital Source into the CD Recorder and take the Analogue Output to your Amplifier, then you will be in DAC mode

So are you saying that audio quality is not improved? Would I be better using the optical output from my DAB tuner? Thanks

Improved over what?

All I'm saying is that if you've taken an analogue output from your tuner to the analogue input on the Yamaha, then the analogue output from the Yamaha to your amp, then you've either stayed analogue all the way, or you've converted from Analogue to Digital and back to analogue again.

If you take a digi output from your tuner into the digi input on the Yamaha, then the analogue output from the Yamaha to the amp, then the DAC in the Yamaha must be active, and I'd reckon you're in 'DAC mode'

I can't tell you whether or not the sound is improved, because you haven't told us what you want to improve it from.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom