Yamaha CD-NT670D or other for output to Soundbar

DJM1976

Hi all,

After chatting to a friend last night and my bank balance bring healthier than expected, I am considering getting something like the Yamaha CD-NT670D as it not only has the DAB & Internet Radio, but also has The ability to connect to a Sound bar, so that I don’t have to worry about spending out on passive speakers. Now what I was wondering was, is there any other brands like Denon etc that have sane functions but also where I can stream wirelessly without the need of passive speakers ?

Many thanks

larkone

Assume you are talking about connecting using MusicCast which is Yamaha's proprietary streaming solution so will only work with other MusicCast devices.

Denon has HEOS - likewise proprietary, you would need to check the specs to see if it does what you want. They have soundbars but are you looking for a soundbar or active speakers?

Not 100% clear on exactly what you are trying to achieve as a final result. Multiroom, active wireless speakers, soundbar etc?

DJM1976

Assume you are talking about connecting using MusicCast which is Yamaha's proprietary streaming solution so will only work with other MusicCast devices.

Denon has HEOS - likewise proprietary, you would need to check the specs to see if it does what you want. They have soundbars but are you looking for a soundbar or active speakers?

Not 100% clear on exactly what you are trying to achieve as a final result. Multiroom, active wireless speakers, soundbar etc?

Yes that Is correct I was talking about Music Cast, but wasn’t aware that it was only compatible either their devices, so thank you for clearing that up. Basically what I am trying to achieve is to do away with as much wiring as possible. I have had my Denon AVR X2000 since it was a new model and it is now showing it’s age & now that my vintage 5.1 speakers have started dying, I am looking looking at getting something more up to date, without it being spaghetti junction with the wiring.

I listen to a lot of streaming services like Spotify and Internet Radio, so am now looking for something that gives me all the things I want and allows me to get rid of my chunky amp And has the RCA for my turntable with built in preamp without the need of RCA to TOS Converters.

larkone

Finding something that has a turntable input might be a tall order with any of the solutions you are looking at so a pre-amp would almost be a given. It doesn't look like the CD player you have listed has this but does have RCA inputs so would need a turntable pre-amp

DJM1976

Finding something that has a turntable input might be a tall order with any of the solutions you are looking at so a pre-amp would almost be a given. It doesn't look like the CD player you have listed has this but does have RCA inputs so would need a turntable pre-amp
Thank you for that, I assumed that as my Sony Turntable already has a preamp built in as it is both RCA and USB, that I was able to plug it straight into any external source with the same connection.

larkone

Ah sorry misread your post and didn't realise you turntable had a pre-amp, so yes it will plug straight in.

DJM1976

Ah sorry misread your post and didn't realise you turntable had a pre-amp, so yes it will plug straight in.
That is ok, I have added it to the shortlist and looking at extras like compatible sound bars. Then I will look at the Pioneer & Denon ones which are more expensive but have their own amps built in. Then see what us going to be the best for me.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom