Yamaha BRX-750

kzu

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi.
I'm looking for all-in-one system with blue ray player, dab radio, DLNA/Allshare compatible.
I want to play music mainly from the NAS file server.
This Yamaha seems to tick all the boxes. Has anyone using it? What it is like?
Is there anything better than this Yamaha At comparable price (approx. £300)?

Second thing - speakers I plan to use Yamaha ns-bp300 that I can buy for £50 for a pair. Can you recommend something more suitable for this price?

I am also very interested in any opinions on this product as I have similar requirements to the opening poster.

Found this review on Amazon;

"Having searched the web for a DAB radio with alarm that could also handle blu-ray as a unit for the bedroom I eventually found this Yamaha. First impressions were good, the build feels solid and the unit is understated rather than flashy which is exactly what I wanted as this was for the bedroom.

This unit pretty much does everything out of the box but the firmware update (available online) also added Internet Radio! Bonus.

I went out and splashed a little extra on a set of Q Acoustic 2010i speakers (the unit is supplied without any) and I have no complaints about the sound this unit produces. CDs are bright & lively, film soundtracks are punchy and I couldn't fault the sound from the iPod via the USB. The ARC feature via the HDMI to the TV works well and certainly makes for a better watching experience. I am not using the sub out but this unit would make an excellent choice for a lounge 2.1 system as an alternative to the dedicated home theatre setups. The DAB radio works well although the reception is not always brilliant where I live but I thing the receiver is not the best in weak signal areas as well.

The only minor issues I have with the unit are the load time when switching on the unit (around 20 seconds) before any sound comes out. A bit iritating when you wake to the sound of the unit spining up and not the DAB radio program you expected or you turn on the tv and have to wait for the sound. The CD/DVD/Blu-Ray tray is a bit flimsy and the spin mechanism is a little noisy (not great at low volume) and really bad if the disc itself is a little off balance, no worse than an average CD player though.

Overall, despite the little downs, this is a 5 star unit. Does everyhting it said in the brochure and more thanks to the firmware update. "

Can be found here;[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Yamaha-BRX-750-Blu-ray-iPod-System/dp/B008CELISE"]Yamaha BRX-750 Blu-ray iPod Mini HiFi Amp System: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41aT9MoFTvL.@@AMEPARAM@@41aT9MoFTvL[/ame]

All is true. I bought it about a month ago. Plus the ns bp300 speakers. Sound is very good in my opinion.
Had to do firmware update as Dlna was not working.
Few little thing that annoy me:
1.speed: very slow startup, typing to search YouTube takes ages
2. DLNA I can't start playing music running server on my phone an choosing Yamaha as device to play. Have to use remote to navigate through sometimes very long list to find file I want to play.
3. Remote and receiver- must aim directly into the device as otherwise it is not working.

2. DLNA I can't start playing music running server on my phone an choosing Yamaha as device to play. Have to use remote to navigate through sometimes very long list to find file I want to play.

hi,

i know that's a necrobump, but still... i have my eyes set on this unit. could you solve this dlna issue?

thanks!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom