1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha AX750SE questions...

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by ruth11, Apr 14, 2005.

Tags:
  1. ruth11

ruth11

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hi All

This is posted in the Plasma section too, but I think maybe it's in the wrong place, so I'm putting it here. I don't know how to move it, so it's duplicate. I hope that's allowed....

Hi All

Have pretty much made our minds up to get Panny PWD7 in black. We're also going to get a Yamaha DPS-AX750SE amp to go with it....

Currently we have to connect up 2 DVD players, one Xbox and one PC and potentially a PS2 as well (although that's currently rigged up in the kids room!).

Can someone help with what we should be using to connect all this to the amp and then through to the Screen?

My other half just sent me an email and I don't understand what he means, so maybe you can shed some light on it...

Is the amp DSP-AX750 or DSP-AX750se... don't know the difference. I am pretty sure we're going for the SE, but I don't know the difference either
    Ensure it can do video up conversion.. S-Video In Component Out
    Ensure the component out is Sync on G - as this is what the plasma requires.

Thanks all

Ruth

2. pjclark1

pjclark1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +271
    your other 1/2 is typing rubbish
    sync on G (green) is the US standard for RGB out
    Sync on C (composite) is the Euro standard for RGB out

Component out is YUV and this goes straight into the plasma VGA input on the panny 7 (so you don't need to pay for terminal boards)
    Yes the AX750 does upconvert to YUV component
    I would buy the RX-V750 from Pixmania for £340 as it has a tuner as well
    http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/84604/art/yamaha/receiver-rx-v750-black.html?srcid=37

3. ruth11

ruth11

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Ok - thanks for that!
    Its all abbreviations around here isn't it?!

I should be used to it, working in IT, but there you go!

Anyway - considering I want to connect my PC to the screen and use Picture in Picture, I am guessing that I'm gonna need to use the VGA input for the PC and then have another input board for everything else that's coming through the amp...??

I'll have a look at the amp you mentioned - is it as good as the AX750? What differences are there, apart from tuner?

Thanks
    Ruth

4. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    It’s the European version of the DSP-AX750SE. There is no difference between the 2 apart from the tuner. The UK version is meant to be ‘specially’ tuned for the uk market though.

However, the 750 is being replaced by the RX-V 757 soon so you may want to wait!

5. andye2004

andye2004

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Unbeatable claim to have the new Yamaha DSPAX757SE in stock at 380 quid! I haven't found any reviews on it as yet.

6. pjclark1

pjclark1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +271
    If you want PIP you will need a terminal board, either a component board or a VGA board looks suitable for your needs.

How can they tune an amp for the UK? I might have european ears, silly bu@@ers. I suspect they really mean a special "rip-off" version for the UK, to try and discourage us from importing it cheaper from germany. A bit like Dixons "special model numbers" so they don't have to keep their price match offer.