1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha AX620 speaker recomendations...

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Calzor Suzay, Aug 21, 2001.

1. Calzor Suzay

Calzor Suzay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +195
    Researching info for my mates dad after he heard my uber expensive setup and wanted something similar on a smaller scale.<br />He currently has a 40" Tosh tv, Sony 725 DVD player (optical), Sony Sky Satellite box (Optical), JVC Video player (Phono), El Cheapo pc connected via optical with mp3s (when I get round to building it for him) so he can hide the cupboards of cd's etc

I've so far narrowed the system down on his requirements to a Yamaha AX620 but finding appropriate good quality speakers is proving more difficult, he doesn't want full size speakers but fairly small ones (not quite Bose small) and I don't think the AX620 has a powered sub woofer output so an active self powered sub woofer is required, any recomendations? and so far the cheapest I've found it is £349.99, anywhere cheaper?

Also space for slinky looking black equipment is at a premium because of his wife so I'm hoping to hide it all in a shoe cupboard behind the wall where the tv backs onto, any recomendations for an IR sender gadget aswell?

2. dorgan

dorgan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    <a href="http://www.hispek.com/" target="_blank">http://www.hispek.com/</a> have the AX620 for £299.88 including free delivery. I've never dealt with them so I can't say how reliable they are.<br />I use the Powermid for other rooms. It has a good range, fully compatible with everything I've tried and it's taken some fairly substantial falls of tables and shelves and still works.

3. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    IMHO none Av amp/receiver has a powered subwoofer output and in fact active subwoofers are mandatory for AV setups, besides, try to find a passive sub nowadays.

Anyhow, for small speakers try Tannoy M(X)1 or Mission 771 perhaps. As well Acoustic Energy 100i.