1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha AX620 speaker recomendations...

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Calzor Suzay, Aug 21, 2001.

Tags:
  1. Calzor Suzay

Calzor Suzay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +196
    Researching info for my mates dad after he heard my uber expensive setup and wanted something similar on a smaller scale.

He currently has a 40" Tosh tv, Sony 725 DVD player (optical), Sony Sky Satellite box (Optical), JVC Video player (Phono), El Cheapo pc connected via optical with mp3s (when I get round to building it for him) so he can hide the cupboards of cd's etc

I've so far narrowed the system down on his requirements to a Yamaha AX620 but finding appropriate good quality speakers is proving more difficult, he doesn't want full size speakers but fairly small ones (not quite Bose small) and I don't think the AX620 has a powered sub woofer output so an active self powered sub woofer is required, any recomendations? and so far the cheapest I've found it is £349.99, anywhere cheaper?

Also space for slinky looking black equipment is at a premium because of his wife so I'm hoping to hide it all in a shoe cupboard behind the wall where the tv backs onto, any recomendations for an IR sender gadget aswell?

2. bishman

bishman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +172
    You could give <a href="http://www.empiredirect.co.uk" target="_blank">Empire Direct</a> a go at 324.30. I brought my rxv1000rds from them and got it within 2 days of ordering. Paid 399.00 for it but they don't seem so be listing it now.

3. hobbes

hobbes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try unbeatable, they have it for £291.99 + £7.99 delivery charge.

<a href="http://www.unbeatable.co.uk/default.asp?page=product&sku=311056&shopid=SHOPCBCBDHBIHGHVVRX6678JWPR3486LDWO2677" target="_blank">Unbeatable</a>

4. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Tannoy Mx1 speakers could do the trick (plus MxC center), or perhaps Acoustic Energy AE101, they had an offer once with 4 units @ GBP99. AE107 as center would be the perfect match.