1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

yamaha ax1/ax2 being replaced

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by j.fitz, Aug 7, 2001.

Tags:
  1. j.fitz

j.fitz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    any one know if these models are being replaced in the near future as i want upgrade from and a2 but think these amps are due to be replaced soon .<br /> regards jimmy fitz.

2. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Haven't heard anything yet, but who knows!?

Upgrading from A2 to AX2 would not be an upgrade, at least not a quantum leap forward and therefore not worth it - IMHO.<br />If it's just about Ex/Es consider first if you have the room for the add. speakers.

3. Ars longa, vita brevis

Ars longa, vita brevis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i wouldn't give them much longer, thier prices are falling much quicker than the a1 and a2 did with age, i wouldn't give them too much longer until richers get their hands on them, at that point you can guarantee that they are going out.

i'm sure they will be going for pro logic II soon and i dont see any firmware upgrade likely to be available on yammys.

I would wait at least until the next gen of amps, if not the next again bunch before upgrading would be really worth it.

4. Alaric

Alaric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    Hi there,

Take it, you've not read through the message 'Yamaha UK suck Big Time' or the link there within.....Probably worth doing so before considering the Ax1/2 as it details thier upgrades and replacement model !

cya,<br /> Lee

5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone Know a good e-mail address for Yamaha UK. I'd like to ask if this thread is true and if so point out that not only will I not be upgrading to the AX1, but I will stop buying yamaha products. Which is sad because up until now Yamaha was my only choice(I have an always planned toalways buy Yamaha).If They know there are a lot of pleople who are put of yamaha for life, who are going to tell others. They do a rethink.