Yamaha AX-2 & banana plugs ?

robocop

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to fit banana plugs to my Yamaha AX-2.
Upon reading the handbook and a quick look at the rear,it appears it can't.
I know it something to do with some silly EU law, but I seem to recall reading that it is possible.
Thanks
Robocop

sc1977

ive been told by a friend that if you remove the binding post caps
you can drill through the little indentation in the middle of them and then you can use banana plugs was gonna do it to my A2 but i cant be bothered to get it all out of the unit and unwire it all

(i dont know if this info is correct so dont do it unless you hear this from a reliable source!!!):rolleyes:

robocop

Can anyone please confirm this?

Thanks
Robocop

B

Big_AL007

I hacked out the centre indentations on my yamaha with a stanley knife, very easy it was too. Practised on someone elses first though, to see if it could be done :p

michaelab

I haven't seen an amp yet where the speaker binding posts can't be easily modified to fit banana plugs. Most just have a little plastic plug in the hole which just pops out. Usually a thumbnail suffices but sometimes very small screwdriver blade helps.

btw I don't think it's a stupid EU law, it's a stupid UK law. Something about banana plugs fitting into mains sockets or people getting electric shocks from the speaker terminals.

The EU may have some stupid laws but the UK excels at petty nanny-state laws when it comes to electical wiring safety.

Michael.

robocop

michaelab
I agree,it is a stupid law.
They seem to forget that you have banana plugs at the speaker end as well.I could just as easy plug these into the mains

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom