• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

yamaha aventage rx8-10 help

frankie13

Established Member
My yamaha is losing power for a few seconds well heres what happens, i am watching a movie lets say when it gets around the 1and a half hour mark roughly i it loses the picture and i hear a sort of click noise then 5 seconds later it comes back on i assume its the yammy. heres my set up sony s790 to the yammy then hdmi out to my epson tw-9100
thank you

dante01

Distinguished Member
Maybe its an HDMI handshake issue? Sounds as though you are getting an HDMI signal dropout somewhere? Maybe look at replacing the cables, especially the one between the receiver anfd your PJ if longer than 8m in length? Use a cat5/6 HDMI extender as opposed to long HDMI cables.

frankie13

Established Member
thanks ive just watched a movie and again around the 90 min roughly mark the display on the yamaha av clicks and goes blank and a few seconds later comes back on strange why that time, i will try your idea about hdmi cable my cables are 5m long

dante01

Distinguished Member
HDMI devices perform a handshake at regular intervals, hence why I suggested that it may be an HDMI issue. The regularity of the dropout would be conducive with this, but not an absolute assurance of it being an HDMI related issue.

frankie13

Established Member
thanks i rang yamaha uk they are baffled suggested same as you. sent me a update file via usb but when i load via there instructions it says VERIFYING NOT FOUND

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom