Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A6A: cannot select different USB/Bluetooth/network sources for each zone

Velovibes

Novice Member
Reaction score
I am considering upgrading my Yamaha RX V3077 to the new Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A6A. But I noticed that the new model still does not allow me to select different USB/Bluetooth/network sources for each zone. The use case for this in my household is that my wife may be watching TV via my PVR which is connected to AV2 in the main zone in the Yamaha while I want to stream YouTube Music in Zone 2 via my Chromecast in AV3.

My question is whether the RX-A6A will allow me to do this in one way or another. If not, are there other AV receivers that can do this?

I'm not sure I understand the question, your scenario of using 2 different external devices has no relevance to Bluetooth/USB/network sources.

It's not uncommon on an AVR with streaming to have limitations wrt zones but your intended use of a PVR and CC to separate rooms isn't a problem.

Just a thought but could it be that the Chromecast is trying to output multi channel for some reason.

Page 163 of the manual has info onnehats supported 8n the various zones and methods of connecting and there's a note saying 2 Ch PCM audio only via HDMI.

There is a setting in the Chromecast options for stereo only which might be worth trying.

If you do upgrade you could perhaps keep the 3077 and have it in zone 2. Connect the zone 2 HDMI output from the new A6 to an input on the 3077, the advantage of doing this is you'll then have similar capabilities in both zones which in my experience has eliminated the format issues I was having using zone 2 (albeit with a different receiver brand)

Thanks for the suggestion Jamie. I should have explained that I use Google TV. I checked the advanced audio settings but it doesn't allow you to change to stereo only. I did try the other settings to no avail. Just to clarify, I can cast to the main zone without problems and use party mode across all 3 zones, but I can't cast directly to zone 2 or 3. I will try an old Chromecast I have got somewhere as well.

It would be worth having a peruse of the manual for the A6, my gut feeling is whatever is causing your issue probably won't be a factor with the new amp and even if it did behave the same way I'd put money on using the old amp in zone 2 resolving that anyway if you can keep it.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom