• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Yamaha Aventage RX-A3040.

Jason72

Established Member
Hi,
I have read extensively on the net about the Yamaha Aventage RX-A3040 receiver. It gets some glowing reviews and also gets a bit of a bashing (What Hi-fi).
I am in a position to purchase one at a very good price, so are there any Forum members or even owners that can reassure me that it would be potentially a good purchase. My system is in my lounge (no dedicated theatre room unfortunately !!) It's only 5.1 with KEF KHT6000 speakers and an SVS PB2000 subwoofer (antimode 8033 sub E.Q.) Telly is a Panasonic 55"VT50. Also have a Mede8er 1000X3D. I'm currently using a 5 year old Pioneer SC LX83 and quite like the idea of a slightly warmer and refined sound.
I would genuinely appreciate any replies as I am a little unsure about buying the Yamaha. I have to admit that the Pioneer has been a pleasure to own.
Greg
p.s. Is the Yamaha not as good or better than Receivers like the Marantz SR7009, Pioneer SCLX77/ 78, etc ?

Jason72

Established Member
Hi,
I ended up buying the Yamaha Aventage RX-A3040 in excellent condition for £600 from a private seller, so if it's not for me I expect I could sell it on for what I paid for it !!! That said, I am really impressed with what I have seen of it so far. It looks much nicer face to face than the pictures. Just got to set it up with my system and start 'tweaking'. Only major problem is that the missus has started kicking off about putting ceiling speakers in for Atmos !! Have to work on that one.
Greg

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom