YAMAHA Aventage - RX - 1050 - 2050 - 3050 - Club

New AV receivers don't generally include DAB. DAB is seldom included and isn't a feature on the increase. I think only Yamaha include it on a couple of their lower end models?

Internet radio generally uses a higher bitrate than that associated with DAB and even the BBC's internet radio stations use a higher bitrate than used for DAB services.

You might find this article of some interest:
DAB vs. internet: vested interests limit progress | TechRadar

I noticed the Distinguished Member above thought that only the lower models have DAB when there latest models have DAB

What do I do now with my old DSP-AX1 ?

Owners of the 1050 - would you say this is a better purchase than perhaps a Denon AW-X4200? Can't decide between the two

I noticed the Distinguished Member above thought that only the lower models have DAB when there latest models have DAB

Really? List them if you believe there to be others :)

As far as I'm aware there's only the slimline RXS601D and RXS710D receivers from Yamaha that includes DAB radio. Even these comes with an option not to include DAB (RXS601 and RXS710).

RX-S601D - AV Receivers/Amplifiers - Yamaha - UK and Ireland

RX-AS710D - AVENTAGE - Yamaha - UK and Ireland

If you want a DAB enabled Yamaha AV receiver then those are the only options you have. I can only guess that you don't know what DAB is and believe DAB to be included on every Yamaha receiver?

Here's a list of all Yamaha's curent products to include DAB:

DAB plus - Yamaha - UK and Ireland

Last edited:
Really? List them if you believe there to be others :)

As far as I'm aware there's only the slimline RXS6o1 receiver from Yamaha that includes DAB radio. Even this comes with an option not to include DAB.

RX-S601D - AV Receivers/Amplifiers - Yamaha - UK and Ireland

If you want a DAB enabled Yamaha AV receiver then that is the option you have. I can only guess that you don't know what DAB is and believe DAB to be included on every Yamaha receiver?

Here's a list of all Yamaha's curent products to include DAB:

DAB plus - Yamaha - UK and Ireland

Yes there is only one now but in the next iteration there will be more. Living in Wales to get Radio that is acceptable to listen to you have to use DAB. I have a Sony DAB which was connected to my DSP-Ax1 and now the new AV amp. Also my Merc also has DAB (Option which cost £300) and I have found this far superior to any FM transmission without exception.

Yes there is only one now but in the next iteration there will be more.

No there wont be more. Yamaha have already announced this years models and they don't include DAB. Please name them if you know different?

You should get it out of your head that DAB is something new or that all the manufacturers will be rushing to included it. It has been around snce the 90s, followed by DAB+ in 2007. DAB+ is not backward compatible with older DAB equipment. Only Yamaha include a DAB enabled AV receiver in their line up. DAB isn't going to be included on new AV receivers in place of AM and FM tuners. Also note that internet radio is superior in terms of quality and offers the listener far more station options.

Last edited:
No there wont be more. Yamaha have already announced this years models and they don't include DAB. Please name them if you know different?

You should get it out of your head that DAB is something new or that all the manufacturers will be rushing to included it. It has been around snce the 90s, followed by DAB+ in 2007. DAB+ is not backward compatible with older DAB equipment. Only Yamaha include a DAB enabled AV receiver in their line up. DAB isn't going to be included on new AV receivers in place of AM and FM tuners. Also note that internet radio is superior in terms of quality and offers the listener far more station options.

Your probably right about DAB audio quality. Most have only head it thru a small radio..... Not an amp with multiple speakers. Station choice on Internet radio is endless. It really is.

Main reason DAB is not included is that manufacturers hate having to make a particular model for a particular market.

It's BIG, It's BOLD... and it'll blow your socks off...

Lets talk about it!

Have you got yours......... or getting it soon and what are you selling to get it?

You got one already..? I have mine coming on Friday cant wait

Was it an easy install? ..... Are you baffled by the manual? Can u do what you did on your old amp or cant find that function?

Blown away by X + Y......... tell us....... we'll have a listen too.......!!

This is the place to share .. good or bad..!

Dont forget to state your model..1050, 2050, 3050.

Lets GO!

I have my 3050 coming on Friday yesssssss cant wait , with my atmos in ceiling Goldenear 650 Atmos speakers

Where did you order it from ?

The movie rooms guy called Dan very nice guy .when I rang on Tuesday he had one just come in not sure if they have more in give them a ring .Just had an email to say it's on it's way and down for delivery Tomorrow Yesssssss.with the Speakers and cable
Justmitch

I've just been playing with mine... Steaming from dnla. Using iPad app to change balance with a floating point using a finger is a sublime experience.

Mine has turned up today I'm fitting the ceiling speakers at the moment will be unpacking amp later
Justmitch

I've just been playing with mine... Steaming from dnla. Using iPad app to change balance with a floating point using a finger is a sublime experience.

It can make you go blind ;)

Right after having my RX-A2050 for a week now I have just about got it ready for Last Night of the Proms. I which a group of us Sing, wave flags and show the rest of the world we are not to be messed with :))

Yeah, singing penguins. The world needs more of them.

Ok amp up and running will report back to what I think tomorrow
As soon as I turned it on I had an update 20mis to download
Justmitch

Ok amp up and running will report back to what I think tomorrow
As soon as I turned it on I had an update 20mis to download
Justmitch
The update adds multicast to the AVR, but yes most people will find there is an update as soon as they connect the AVR to the router/internet and turn it on:)

Thanks for the info .is it updated for Atmos ?im going to get a film with Atom will it work yet ?i have the Atmos Speakers fitted now
Justmitch

Thanks for the info .is it updated for Atmos ?im going to get a film with Atom will it work yet ?i have the Atmos Speakers fitted now
Justmitch
Atmos activated out of the box, been using Atmos and DSU on our demo A3050 for the last few days, so you are all set. Just make sure set the bluray player to right settings, i.e. bitstream sound, and secondary commentary off.

Hi all just playing Jupiter ascending with Atmos I have to say I'm very happy with it the amp is well up to controlling it all and sounding very powerful The golden ear 650 in ceiling speakers are amazing and so easy to fit .the amp setup was vert straight forward .Runing it with a oppo bdp-105d and a Panasonic 55 cx802b
Justmitch

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom