Quantcast

YAMAHA Aventage - RX - 1050 - 2050 - 3050 - Club

MarkHell

It's BIG, It's BOLD... and it'll blow your socks off...

Lets talk about it!

Have you got yours......... or getting it soon and what are you selling to get it?

You got one already..?

Was it an easy install? ..... Are you baffled by the manual? Can u do what you did on your old amp or cant find that function?

Blown away by X + Y......... tell us....... we'll have a listen too.......!!

This is the place to share .. good or bad..!

Dont forget to state your model..1050, 2050, 3050.

Lets GO!

Rick84

Pre ordered? The couple of places I called said they had them in stock for despatch?

zamwessell

Pre ordered? The couple of places I called said they had them in stock for despatch?
Yeah,i know a few have them in stock now.

I pre-ordered early July along with some new surround and atmos speakers but i do not need delivery/install until September 19.

I phoned them for an update this week and they said their main warehouses have them and just waiting for them to arrive at their branch.

Rick84

Ah ok, excited much? :) Im waiting for RS to get then in before demoing. Personally I think i'll end up with the new Cambridge CXR 200.

zamwessell

Ah ok, excited much? :) Im waiting for RS to get then in before demoing. Personally I think i'll end up with the new Cambridge CXR 200.
Yes,very excited! It is RS who i have ordered from.

Just had a look at the CXR200.Looks very impressive!

I've just ordered a Rotel RB-1572 to drive my front L/R so i can have full 11.2

Rick84

What speakers are you pairing with the 3050? The CXR doesn't currently support the new formats but if the 751r is anything to go by it'll sound glorious.

zamwessell

What speakers are you pairing with the 3050? The CXR doesn't currently support the new formats but if the 751r is anything to go by it'll sound glorious.
Monitor Audio Gold GS10s with the Rotel.

2 X MA Bronze FX (sides),2 x MA Soundframe 2 (rear),4 x MA CT265-IDC (ceiling),1 SVS SB1000 (rear sub),1 SVS SB 2000 (front sub) and MA Gold GSLCR (center).

That all sounds unbalanced to some people i guess but i had to take in other factors like budget and room space.

I had a Cambridge Azure 651W lined up and paid for from RS.Then i had a Rotel RB-1562 recommended,returned and got a refund on the 651W,then was told the RB-1562 was discontinued and ended up spending a little more on the RB-1572.I did get a good deal on it though.

Last edited:

MarkHell

I got my 1050 a week ago. From Peter Tyson hifi UK. It's a cracker.

Attachments

Rick84

Monitor Audio Gold GS10s with the Rotel.

2 X MA Bronze FX (sides),2 x MA Soundframe 2 (rear),4 x MA CT265-IDC (ceiling),1 SVS SB1000 (rear sub),1 SVS SB 2000 (front sub) and MA Gold GSLCR (center).

That all sounds unbalanced to some people i guess but i had to take in other factors like budget and room space.

I had a Cambridge Azure 651W lined up and paid for from RS.Then i had a Rotel RB-1562 recommended,returned and got a refund on the 651W,then was told the RB-1562 was discontinued and ended up spending a little more on the RB-1572.I did get a good deal on it though.

If it works for you thats all that matters buddy. I was contemplating a couple of the 651w plugged directly in to the CA 752bd. Just to many boxes for the loving room.

2x 250 watt in to 8ohm, sounds healthy :)

1969luis

I sold my Yamanha 771, and ordered the 2050 should arrive on Wednesday

dante01

Distinguished Member
It is a new feature that was absent on the RXA1040, the RXA1050 does indeed now EQ the sub pre out channel.

MarkHell

Someone who's got one or previously had a Yamaha 1040 or similar could you tell me how you edit the displayed front panel names of the HDMI inputs? So when I cycle or select an input it displays... Bluray, PS4', Wii U, etc instead of av1,2 etc...

A simple thing but made much use of on my old pioneer receiver.

Last edited:

parystec

Hi All,
New to this forum. Just got a RX-A2050 on Friday. Took 12 hours to setup from my old DSP-AX1 to the new av.
I had to change the speaker wires to banana plugs which took some time but made it a lot fast to hookup on the new av. The YPAO worked like a dream, as the old av was more trial and error!!
The sound seems fine, a little brighter at the top end than the old av. Still working through the setup and there is no manual it`s on cd and I keep having to print off pages. I thing I have printer it many copies as I keep forgetting which pages I have printed out. LoL
BlueTooth worked straight away with my iPhone and the app for user control is great.

MarkHell

Hi All,
New to this forum. Just got a RX-A2050 on Friday. Took 12 hours to setup from my old DSP-AX1 to the new av.
I had to change the speaker wires to banana plugs which took some time but made it a lot fast to hookup on the new av. The YPAO worked like a dream, as the old av was more trial and error!!
The sound seems fine, a little brighter at the top end than the old av. Still working through the setup and there is no manual it`s on cd and I keep having to print off pages. I thing I have printer it many copies as I keep forgetting which pages I have printed out. LoL
BlueTooth worked straight away with my iPhone and the app for user control is great.

Yeah.. streaming from iPAD, or Phone or over home network is super easy...

regarding the manual... i got it off the Yamaha website as a PDF and put it on my iPAD.
I still dont know how to edit the displayed names of the HDMI inputs tho..! lol

parystec

Why o why is there no DAB just this crappy FM/AM stuff. We have had DAB for ages now. I have ended up having to plug my sony DAB into audio 3. Now I will have to find out how to chang the input name. :))

dante01

Distinguished Member
Use the internet vTuner. You get higher quality digital audio via internet radio then you get via DAB.

MarkHell

Use the internet vTuner. You get higher quality digital audio via internet radio then you get via DAB.
New AV RECIEVERS don't seem to have DAB RADIO...

I have always found Internet radio to sound "tinny" and not as nice as FM...... i think its the low-bitrate that the stations push out at. Maybe i am missing something?

Feeding TV (My girl had X-FACTOR on)... thru the 1050 from a cable TV box and adding Dolby surround into the mix was a great pleasure at the weekend.

Apart from sh*tty singing it sounded great!

Last edited:

dante01

Distinguished Member
New AV receivers don't generally include DAB. DAB is seldom included and isn't a feature on the increase. I think only Yamaha include it on a couple of their lower end models?

Internet radio generally uses a higher bitrate than that associated with DAB and even the BBC's internet radio stations use a higher bitrate than used for DAB services.

You might find this article of some interest:
DAB vs. internet: vested interests limit progress | TechRadar

Last edited:

1969luis

Not yet arrived in 2050, I still have the 771. The 2050 YPAO is much more complicated than the 771?
In terms of sound quality you will notice the improvements?

parystec

New AV receivers don't generally include DAB. DAB is seldom included and isn't a feature on the increase. I think only Yamaha include it on a couple of their lower end models?

Internet radio generally uses a higher bitrate than that associated with DAB and even the BBC's internet radio stations use a higher bitrate than used for DAB services.

You might find this article of some interest:
DAB vs. internet: vested interests limit progress | TechRadar
I noticed the Distinguished Member above thought that only the lower models have DAB when there latest models have DAB

parystec

What do I do now with my old DSP-AX1 ?

MartinH32

Owners of the 1050 - would you say this is a better purchase than perhaps a Denon AW-X4200? Can't decide between the two

dante01

Distinguished Member
I noticed the Distinguished Member above thought that only the lower models have DAB when there latest models have DAB
Really? List them if you believe there to be others :)

As far as I'm aware there's only the slimline RXS601D and RXS710D receivers from Yamaha that includes DAB radio. Even these comes with an option not to include DAB (RXS601 and RXS710).

RX-S601D - AV Receivers/Amplifiers - Yamaha - UK and Ireland

RX-AS710D - AVENTAGE - Yamaha - UK and Ireland

If you want a DAB enabled Yamaha AV receiver then those are the only options you have. I can only guess that you don't know what DAB is and believe DAB to be included on every Yamaha receiver?

Here's a list of all Yamaha's curent products to include DAB:

DAB plus - Yamaha - UK and Ireland

Last edited:

parystec

Really? List them if you believe there to be others :)

As far as I'm aware there's only the slimline RXS6o1 receiver from Yamaha that includes DAB radio. Even this comes with an option not to include DAB.

RX-S601D - AV Receivers/Amplifiers - Yamaha - UK and Ireland

If you want a DAB enabled Yamaha AV receiver then that is the option you have. I can only guess that you don't know what DAB is and believe DAB to be included on every Yamaha receiver?

Here's a list of all Yamaha's curent products to include DAB:

DAB plus - Yamaha - UK and Ireland
Yes there is only one now but in the next iteration there will be more. Living in Wales to get Radio that is acceptable to listen to you have to use DAB. I have a Sony DAB which was connected to my DSP-Ax1 and now the new AV amp. Also my Merc also has DAB (Option which cost £300) and I have found this far superior to any FM transmission without exception.