Yamaha AV59 :- Help settting up

lordvader

Established Member
Reaction score
I have had my Yamaha av59 pack now for a couple weeks and just wanted some help how to set it up properly.

I have set the unit to medium size room as via what is recommened in manual for my room, but im unsure what i should set the speaker size to. It comes with the Yamaha NSP110 speakers and i would imagen the center,Front L/F and surround are set to small and the subwoofer to large?

It just seems there is alot of bass coming from sub, its bass control is turned to about the 6 notich around and am using a belkin pure AV subwoofer cable.

Any other tips on how to get the unit up correctly?

As you have small speakers - the speakers in the NS-P110 speaker pack can hardly be called 'large' :D - set the amp to 'SMALL' for speaker size.

TBH I don't think I could make out a difference when I set mine to 'LARGE' when I was playing with the settings. I think the 'LARGE' setting may only have a noticeable effect when you have much bigger speakers.

As for the subwoofer there is no size for that ! You either select that there is a sub or there isn't !!!

As you have small piddly satellite speakers you are hardly going to get any bass or LFE (low frequency effects) from those. That's where the sub comes in to add these effects.

From what I can remember without fishing out the instruction manual is that on the amp you can either turn the sub off, have the bass directed to the sub only or to the sub & front speakers.

If you select 'BOTH' (sub & front speakers) then again I don't think this makes a differerence if you were to select the sub only because the satellite speakers are not designed to handle the LFE so you don't really get any of this from the small front speakers when 'BOTH' is selected.

If you had bigger/different speakers which are capable of handling bass then I guess toggling between 'sub' and 'both' may produce some noticeable differences in sound reproduction.

Think I've just waffled a load of rubbish !

Yer just what i thought, yer sorry there is no option for the sub size.

The amp bass is currently set to both, i will turn it to just sub then.

What i will say is even with the tiny P110 speakers i changed the original ugly black speaker wire for belkin pure av (like that stuff :thumbsup: ) speaker wire, more because it was white and easyer to hide but im sure they sound alot better for it.....:smoke:

Yer just what i thought, yer sorry there is no option for the sub size.

The amp bass is currently set to both, i will turn it to just sub then.

What i will say is even with the tiny P110 speakers i changed the original ugly black speaker wire for belkin pure av (like that stuff :thumbsup: ) speaker wire, more because it was white and easyer to hide but im sure they sound alot better for it.....:smoke:

I also installed the Belkin Pure AV 16 gauge speaker wire with the white insulation.

Difficult to say, but I think there is an increase in volume noticeable with the speaker wire upgrade.

On a system like this with the NS-P110 speakers which aren't anything special a speaker cable upgrade will most probably only show a minor improvement.

For the price the AV59 performs well even with the basic cables provided with the speakers.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom